The RWF’s five-year, year-round Girls Into Women program brings our teens together for workshops, seminars, retreats, field trips, and camps held at least once or twice a month. Our core program, GIW focuses on career and personal development through subprograms that address self-esteem, etiquette, health, career planning, college preparation, education, financial literacy, self-defense, community outreach, mental and emotional well-being, mentoring, public speaking, life skills and more.
RWF Program Pillars
- College Prep – Accelerated Learning; ACT/SAT Prep Courses; Cross Country College Tours; College Applications and Essay Writing; and Scholarships
- Career Development – Dress for Success Workshops; Job Shadowing, Internships and Summer Jobs, Goal Setting; Resume Writing, Interviewing; Presentation Skills; Networking and Financial Literacy
- Personal Development – Camp I Can Self-Esteem, Confidence & Leadership Retreat; Public Speaking; Mentoring; Etiquette Training and Conflict Resolution
- Health, Wellness and Fitness – Obesity Education, Year-round RWF Zone Exercise and Healthy Eating Workshops; Healthy Hair, Skin, and Personal Hygiene Workshops; Personal & Cyber Safety; Golf Lessons
- Community Outreach and Service/Cultural Development Volunteering for Homeless Families; Raising Money for Breast Cancer Awareness & Research; MLK Day of Service; Museum, Theater and Cultural Institution Trips